One of the stress causing effects of modern life is the fact that the amount of time we spend thinking about what kind of food is necessary for healthy living is diminishing. Nutrition specialists explain that even though we eat three times a day, that does not necessarily make us any healthier or fitter. Good nutrition should actually contain a balanced amount of all the nutrients essential to stay fit both physically and mentally in life.
There are seven types of nutrients essential to our body:
1. Carbohydrates: They are energy yielding foods present in rice, bread, grain products.
2. Proteins: They are bodybuilding foods present in meat, fish, eggs, dairy products, soy products. They are essential to construct the damaged cells, for healthy body, skin and hair.
3. Fats:They are a group of natural esters of glycerol and various fatty acids that is necessary for energy and protection of the body. Unsaturated healthy fats like olive oil, groundnut oil, and canola oil are good.
4. Vitamins: There are two types of vitamins; they are water soluble and fat-soluble vitamins.1.)Fat-soluble vitamins: Vitamins A, D, E, K 2.) Water-soluble vitamins: Vitamins B and C.They are present in whole grains, meat, eggs, vegetables, fruits, milk, poultry, and green leafy vegetables.
5. Minerals: They give strength to our body and to maintain our immune system well. They are present in all fresh leafy and colorful vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, meat, poultry, nuts.
6. Fiber: They are very essential for healthy metabolism and elimination of toxic material from our body. It cleanses our digestive system. It is present in all whole grains and leafy and color vegetables and fruits.
7. Water: It is very essential liquid to our body with out which our body would not exist.70percent of water should be taken daily including juices and other healthy beverages.20 percent of water should be taken from other foods we consume daily.
Stress relieving tips with healthy diet:
- Warm water with lemon and a tablespoon of honey serves as the perfect fresh, good morning drink. It helps the digestive system in the process of eliminating the waste products from the body easily. This drink helps the body to relieve from constipation, which causes stress in most of the people.
- Take breakfast with rich protein and fiber food before nine, after your daily exercise and bath. Freshly cooked menu with all the nutrients. It relieves you from stress causing factors such as anxiety, tiredness, headache, body pains.
- The quantity of your food, which you consume, should be carefully monitored only to the extent of your necessity. High calorie food with excess quantity develops unnecessary accumulation of fat that reflects on your body with obesity that causes stress. Ideal weight relieves you from stress. Toned body gives healthy out look as well happiness to oneself
- Hot green and black tea is the best relievers of stress after a restless work out.Flavinoids present in the tea is considered good for the health of the heart and antioxidants present in it relieves from cancer causing factors which relieves from mental stress. It also relieves from certain allergies that cause stress in our body due to lack of immunity.L-Thia-nine present in green and black tea gives refreshment to your body and relieves stress-causing factors.
- Fresh leafy vegetables, colorful vegetables and fruits are rich in anti oxidants. They help to maintain immune system of the body. Consuming a tomato rich in red color consists of lycopene an anti-inflammatory and anti cancer agent relieves you from stress, as it is rich in anti oxidants.
- Whole-wheat grains, paddy, bajra, jowar, millet's, corns, oats, soya, malt are rich in protein and fibers. These foods in the form of porridge's and biscuits give instant energy and good health. These are easy to digest and relieve you from stress that causes body pains and mental tensions. It also helps to maintain ideal weight that cherishes happy life.